fbpx

The Osimhen Situation Could Force Napoli Into An Unfavorable Deal

Written By Onyeka Daniel

With the appointment of Antonio Conte as their new manager, former Serie A champions, Napoli are expected to make a move for Romelu Lukaku, hoping to sign him from Chelsea, to lead their attack for next season, but there’s one major hurdle to overcome, the presence of Victor Osimhen.

More Details

The Nigerian striker has long been planning to leave Naples club this summer but didn’t expect they difficulties in finding a new club for him. After signing a new contract last year December, it was largely expected to that he would leave, and this is why the contract had a €120-130m release clause.


LATEST POSTS

Paris 2024: USWNT Prepare For Mexico And Costa Rica Test Ahead Of Olympics

USWNT Faces Major Roster Change As Olympics Approach

Patrice Evra Sentenced To Prison In France

Real Madrid Shortlist Portuguese Defender As Potential Replacement For Manchester United Bound Leny Yoro


But so far, no club seems willing to come forward with that offer, not even PSG. For Osimhen, he is said to be in favor of a move to the England, where Chelsea and Arsenal are reportedly interested. And his lofty price tag has seemingly scared away potential suitors.

According to a report from Calciomercato, the Partenopei may have to reduce the price tag to around €100m if they hope to sell him. Of course, he’s exit seems like a mere formality, this is because he got a huge pay rise (over £250k per week) in the last contract signed, and Napoli don’t intend to pay that figure continuously.

With the Osimhen situation currently deadlocked, Napoli could be forced to sell another of their star forward, Khvicha Kvaratskhelia. For the Georgian, PSG have already tabled an offer, said to be close to €70m, and the player, his agent and father have already made it known that they want to leave the club.

But Napoli have continued to insist that they he’s not for sale. Should the Parisian club make a new offer closer to the €100m mark, perhaps, negotiations can take place, and according to a report from Fichajes, PSG are ready to increase their offer as they want the Georgian as a replacement for Kylian Mbappe, who is on his way to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile…

Former Sassuolo manager, Roberto De Zerbi will be the new coach of Olympique Marseille, as the club announced it has reached an agreement.He had effectively already been chosen a couple of weeks ago, but the delay is down to issues including the release clause in his contract with Brighton and Hove Albion. The Ligue 1 side released a statement on Monday evening that ended any remaining doubts.

Read Also: Euro 2024: A Quick Slide Into Group E

“Olympique de Marseille has announced that it has reached an agreement in principle with Roberto De Zerbi. “The club is currently working with all parties involved to formalize the arrival of the Italian coach and his staff on the OM bench, and to prepare for his arrival in Marseille in the coming days.” He is expected to sign a three-year contract, having decided to leave Brighton and Hove Albion over a disagreement in transfer strategy.

It had been reported Brighton were looking for a €6m fee to remunerate them for losing the coach, but that could be negotiated down. The 45-year-old tactician first gained attention at Benevento in 2017-18, then had success over a three-year period with Sassuolo. He was also in Ukraine, at Shakhtar Donetsk, before it was interrupted by the Russia-Ukrainian war, at which point, he joined Brighton in September 2022.

Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: keepup@bettitude.com

You can also follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and YouTube

Bookmark (0)

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Be in the Know! Subscribe To BettiSports Daily Newsletter