fbpx

Written By Onyeka Daniel

With the relegation of Salernitana, the club is set to play in the Serie B next season, but this will also cause a mass exodus of players, especially for some of their impressive stars while the club will also look to get rid of some of their high earners and older players.

More Details

Perhaps, this is why Lazio are in the thick of talks with Salernitana for Boulaye Dia and Loum Tchaouna but they will need to overcome some obstacles ahead of the summer, including an interest from fellow Serie A side, Napoli.


LATEST POSTS

Juventus Leave Chiesa Behind For Their Preseason Tour Amidst Reports Linking Him With A Move To Inter

UEFA Reveals Playoffs Fixtures For 2025 Women’s Euros Qualifiers

Cesc Fabregas Officially Announced As The Coach Of Serie A Newcomers, Como

Al Ittihad Close To Reaching Agreement With Diaby


The Biancocelesti are desperate to bolster Igor Tudor’s squad in the upcoming transfer market to try and close the gap with the teams in the Champions League spots, hungry to return to Europe’s premier club competition and the riches it brings.

Lazio are preparing to lose both Felipe Anderson and Luis Alberto in the coming weeks, prompting Claudio Lotito and Angelo Fabiani to work on finding the right reinforcements for Tudor and his exciting project in the capital.

As reported by Il Messaggero, Lazio could finalise a deal with Salernitana for Dia and Tchaouna for around €20 million, taking into account Europa League qualification, but now there’s another issue to overcome. Dia is not keen to be a third-choice striker in the squad behind Ciro Immobile and Valentin Castellanos.

This could force the Biancocelesti to find a way to convince the 27-year-old to give his green light to the deal or look elsewhere. Also, Napoli are set to lose Victor Osimhen in the summer and they’re set to undergo further changes. With the funds gotten from Osimhen’s sale, they could try to bring in two strikers, that is if they end up with Antonio Conte as manager, who is famous for his two striker playing system.

Meanwhile…

Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has revealed that there will be a press conference ‘by May 31’, in which, he hinted, there could be a major news update for the Partenopei. He conducted a press conference earlier on Thursday to announce the team’s customary pre-season training camps in Dimaro and Castel di Sangro.

During his meeting with the press, reporters put forward questions regarding the club’s hunt for a new coach and sporting director. De Laurentiis maintained that he could not offer any updates at this point in time, but promised that a new sporting director will soon be revealed, and said that the club will hold another press conference at the end of May.

“You expect lots of new things, but I can’t give you details because that’s the way it goes in our line of work. By May 31, we will have a nice press conference that we are organising, that will sow the seeds of the whole club’s future,” De Laurentiis said. The Napoli President insisted that a major rebuild takes time, and after a conveyor belt of coaches in 2022-23, including Rudi Garcia, Walter Mazzarri and Francesco Calzona, the club will take their time to assess all possible options.

Recent reports in Italy claim that Napoli are still pursuing former Juventus, Inter, Chelsea and Italy coach Conte. The club are also reportedly still looking at potential replacements for director Mauro Meluso. “We are starting with a total rebuild, and so we cannot afford to rush these decisions. We have to invest, do it well and not be in a hurry. When one begins a new cycle, a new journey, anything can happen.

Read Also: Two Italian Referees To Officiate At The Euro 2024 Tournament

“We are the only ones responsible for our actions. I knew it wouldn’t be a successful year this time around, and I said we wouldn’t compete for the Scudetto. That’s normal.” When asked if he had any regrets over the appointment of Rudi Garcia to replace the title-winning Luciano Spalletti, De Laurentiis replied:

“Maybe yes, maybe no, who knows Only those who don’t try make no mistakes. “In my life, I have lived to the fullest and always taken accountability for my responsibilities. Even if in totality they are not all mine. I close one chapter and begin another.” He further added.

Do you have a story tip?
Kindly Email: keepup@bettitude.com

You can also follow us on FacebookInstagramTwitter and YouTube

Bookmark (0)

About Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Be in the Know! Subscribe To BettiSports Daily Newsletter